Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Little Man

 We welcomed Miles home fifteen days ago, and it seems that my life has been consumed with all things puppy since then. I seem to be handling the brunt of the work for various reasons with Bob and the kids helping out when they can/are asked to. 

I will not lie - I am tired. Miles is still getting up at least once a night, but sometimes it is twice a night. I have no idea how in the world people my age have small children who don't sleep through the night because I am functioning at a very low level due to my lack of good sleep. 

I keep reminding myself that this period of time will not last. That someday I will be able to get out of the kitchen and living room areas (which is where Miles is blocked off during the day), and I won't have to watch him like a hawk for signs of having to go potty. 

Miles is growing day by day. He is noticeably bigger than he was. His fur is growing out unevenly and his big floppy ears and paws are becoming just a smudge less awkward on his growing body. He is so, so cute. 

I am trying to embrace this time of having a little man even though it is a bit hard right now. Soon he will be grown, and I know that I will wish for these little days once again. 

For right now, I am just focusing on getting this kid potty trained. 

No comments:

Post a Comment