Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Back To School/Fall

 Thank the gods that summer is almost(ish) over. Y'all know how I feel about summer in the South. It is usually uncomfortably hot through September with a day or two of refreshing temperatures towards the end of the month. I feel like fall doesn't truly get here until October, BUT the fact that I can say that I made it to this point means that I have made through half of May, all of June and July, and the beginning of August. so I can safely say that I am almost through it.  

With August comes Elizabeth's birthday and a rush of that back-to-school chaos that I love. Soccer season begins too, for both Josh and Elizabeth. Elizabeth is playing on a club team this year. She finally decided that she wanted to get more serious about playing soccer during her final year of eligibility (go figure), so we'll be traveling a bit for her and a bit more for Josh who is also entering his final soccer playing season. 

Josh moves back to school in less than a week while Sarah moves back to school in a little under two weeks. I am excited for both of them to be moving forward and being one step closer to their goals of receiving degrees. Andy is finishing up his first class at the aviation school he is attending, and appears to be doing really well, so although he began classes in July, it is still so new that it seems like he is beginning his own 'back to school' experience as well. 

Pretty soon the house will be quiet(er) again. With Andy gone Monday - Thursday evenings and then working some of the time outside of those days, it will just be me, Bobby, and Elizabeth here most of the time. It will be a new normal to get used to, but one in which we can adjust to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment