Friday, March 30, 2018

And So I Will


Afraid of being seen as ungrateful I hide from the world. 
My thoughts and feelings remain locked away.
Until they come seeping out of me. 
Until they explode out of me. 

I just want to  feel how I feel
Instead of hiding from the world. 
To honor the Light and the Dark
Is the only way to live. 
But the Dark scares me. 
Maybe it scares me because 
Instead of getting to know it
Instead of understanding it
I run from it.
I bury it. 

So far from myself I feel.
Lost and alone. 
I fall and rise again.
And again. 

I will not stop rising. 
No matter how hard I fall. 
Or how deep I go.

The warrior in me
Begs me to not be so afraid of the Dark
She begs me to see my Dark - 
Not as something evil
But rather a place that has the absence of Light.
The Dark is begging to be seen 
And understood. 

It is only when I embrace the Dark
That I can bring in the Light. 
And so I will. 



No comments:

Post a Comment