Wednesday, December 5, 2018

November's Reading List

I ended up reading a lot in November. Part of this was because most of my children were pretty sick the last week of the month which meant no school work and a lot of time on my hands. While they were down and out with the flu I read. I can tell that December is not going to be able to keep pace with November, and that is okay. I realize that some months are more conducive than others to reading.

Here are the books I read in November:

I really enjoyed this book. So much so that I will most likely purchase a used copy on abebooks.com.

L-O-V-E-D this book. Will definitely be buying myself a copy to re-read in the future. 

I initially picked up this book because it was about traveling in America and learning about different small towns and how they maintain or become viable vibrant places to live. While I enjoyed this book and learned several new things I don't think I would read this one again. It's one of those books where I was glad I read it and don't regret spending the time doing so, but wasn't captivated by the story to re-read it. 

Bob Goff books are what I would consider easy reads. Maybe, years from now, I would read this book again because it was simple for my brain to digest, but his books are not ones that I gush over. Still, there must be something to them because this is the second book of his I read and I felt the same way about his first book, so he must be doing something to draw me in for me to read his second book. 

I hated this book so much that I almost didn't finish it - which is extremely rare for me.  I was so excited about this book. I tend to really like books that are based on different cultures (Muslim countries, Hasidic communities, Native American's etc...) that I just assumed that I would love this book too. Plus it is a best seller, so I thought that this one was in the bag. Nope. I hated the writing style of the book. I hated the way the story was laid out. I couldn't stand this book, not because of the story line, but because of the way it was put together. I know this author has another book that I am tempted to try just to see if she chooses to tell her story differently. If she does -great - if she doesn't I am not sure I can get through another book with this type of story telling/layout. 

I finished this book in one day when the kids were sick. I love Mafia related movies, TV shows, and books. The Mafia fascinates me. This was a cool book. Glad to have read it. Probably won't read it again, but it was still a good book. 

This book series is what I would consider my guilty pleasure. I have read all four of these books multiple times since they have come out. There is just something about them that draws me in. Plus, they are easy reads so if I am just looking for a quick mindless book to read this is a good go-to of mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment