Friday, August 23, 2019

Game 2: Plainfield @ Whiteland

The drive to Whiteland was stunning. Picturesque roads, quintessential Midwestern farms, and all of the lovely sounds that only the country can provide.

Josh played defensive mid-field for the first half of the game and then was switched off to an offensive mid-fielder for the second half of the game. I like him much better at the offensive mid-fielder position, but I am not the coach, so I don't get to choose where he plays.

The game was good. I got nervous for a bit that we were not going to win because the team just couldn't seem to get it together. The other team scored first which always unsettles me, and the calls were not evenly distributed either which didn't help us any.  (I understand that I am biased, but I try to be as objective as one can be when it comes to calls against each team.)

In the end we wound up with a victory. We won 4-1. Josh played well, but is dealing with both a groin and an ankle injury, so he felt that he could have been more effective if he was 100% healthy.

Record: 1-0-1

Start of the game.

Player introductions. 








G-O-A-L celebrations!



Half-time



Crazy, beautiful sunset last night. 

Josh has developed a bit of a cheering section and fan club among the JV players. When he gets the ball they go crazy cheering for him. 









No comments:

Post a Comment