Monday, June 28, 2021

Holden Beach

 A couple of weekends ago our family took our first beach trip. We live about 3.5 hours away from the Atlantic Ocean which for us is still considered a day trip. We had planned on going to Wrightsville Beach first, but there was no parking, and after driving around for two hours trying to find a parking spot we finally decided to find another beach. 

Thankfully, Bobby found us another beach about an hours drive from Wrightsville Beach. I am thankful that my kids are the ages they are because if they had been any younger this trip would have ended up a disaster. After traveling for 3.5 hours, driving around for 2, and then traveling another hour to find a beach with parking we finally ended up right where we wanted to: on the beach. Sarah and I love the ocean. It is our favorite place to be nature wise. (Well, for me the desert is a very, very close second.) I am surprised I love the ocean so much because I have a fear of it. It is so big and vast and unpredictable. 

I am so happy that we live so close to the ocean after 3 years of not living close to one. I am so excited to visit all of the different beaches this part of the country has to offer. 

The kids had a blast jumping into the ocean waves, a favorite part time of theirs. The girls and I each took a walk along the shore to collect shells. Despite the troubles of the morning, we ended up having a great day. I cannot wait to go back. 


 












My sweet Elizabeth enjoying the first of many trips into the water. 







Andy braving the waves alone. 

Trying to coax Sarah out to where they all were. 


No comments:

Post a Comment