Friday, March 31, 2023

The Loves Of My Life

Motherhood. 

What a difficult, rewarding, gut-wrenching, inspiring, heartbreaking, joy-filled adventure. 

Any mother will tell you that being a mama is the most challenging journey of their lives. Raising tiny, completely dependent humans into complete, “good”  adults is no easy feat. 

There have been so many days where I have felt like a complete and utter failure as a mother. Days where I have wondered what the hell the universe was doing bestowing these four souls I call my children to me. 

And yet…

Here I am with three of my four children now adults, and my youngest child turning 17 this year. 

And they are the best, most beautiful people this planet has ever seen. I couldn’t be more proud of the people my children have become and are becoming still. 

They are kind, polite, thoughtful, intelligent, loving, loyal, creative, hard-working, diligent, brave, talented human beings. 

They all represent the best of me and the best of Bobby. They are change-makers and peace-keepers. 

They are funny, and make me laugh until I snort. They are humans I truly enjoy being around and hearing their thoughts and opinions on things. 

They challenge me and make me strive to be a better person. 

Andy is my sweet protector. He has a heart of gold, and would do anything for the five of us. He is loyal and dependable. He is creative and funny. He marches to the beat of his own drum and has his own timelines for life. He is always up for an adventure and willing to try anything once. He loves nature. He is pure in heart. 

Joshua is independent and a free thinker. He doesn’t care what anyone thinks of him, and doesn’t live his life to impress anyone. He is who he is. He loves his family, and is grateful for the sacrifices we have made for him to play the sport he loves. Josh is a very talented soccer player. He is sarcastic and funny. He wants the best for his siblings and cheers them on in their goals. He likes to have a good time and is always up for a good party. Family is incredibly important to him. He is a champion of the disenfranchised. 

Sarah is determined, strong-willed, and courageous. She is incredibly intelligent and has the best belly laugh in the whole-wide world. She is independent and loyal. She loves her family fiercely and is willing to make their causes her causes. She is a strong support system for her best friend, her sister, Elizabeth. She is musically inclined  and thinks outside the box. She doesn’t give up and has an amazing work ethic (when she wants to).  She is tender hearted -especially towards animals. 

Elizabeth has a heart of gold. She is open and generous with all of her resources both internal and external. She is so, so creative. She is sensitive and feels deeply. She also has an eye out for those left behind by mainstream society. She has been her sister’s seer almost since Sarah began losing her vision and has been so willingly. She loves her siblings fiercely and is a mama’s girl. She loves playing soccer and is super artistic. 

My children are gifts to this world, and I sometimes feel unworthy to be their mother because they are such incredibly amazing, cool people. 

I am so lucky that I have gotten to have a front row seat as they have grown. I look forward to the rest of their journeys and being their biggest champion as they each go through this life. 

I love them more fiercely than I love anything else. I would do just about anything for them. 


They are the loves of my life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment