Friday, April 21, 2023

Let The Moving Begin!

 We get the keys to our new house today, and I am stoked. We plan on taking about a week to move in, so that we don't feel rushed. 

Andy and Sarah have picked out paint colors for the new rooms, and I would like to get them painted before the bigger furniture is moved into the house next Saturday. Andy has chosen a gray/blue for his walls. I love the color and will definitely post what it looks like once the color is on the walls. Sarah is choosing to paint her walls a soft green, and I will post pics of her room as well once the paint is on the walls. I do plan on painting most of the rest of the house, but I want to wait until I get a feel for each room. I am pretty sure I am going to paint the living room a gray color with an accent wall a color to be determined (but I am thinking lime green - which will match the accent pillows on the new couch being delivered to the house on May 20th.)

We plan on filling the van up with boxes and making several trips this week over to the new house. It is about a 30-minute drive to our new location, so we won't have the ability to make too many trips over during the week as our Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are pretty booked already with regular life stuff. I do think that the trips we can make will be helpful in getting a good amount of our smaller household items over to the house, making it easier for Bob, Josh, and his friends (who have offered to come help us move in exchange for some steaks and beer afterwards) next week when they are filling up the moving truck. 

I cannot explain how excited I am about this house. I have always wanted to live in a brand-new house, and now we are. I love the fact that we are the first people to live in this home. Everything is new and fresh. 

Let the moving begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment