Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Quiet Days

Late afternoon comes quietly. The heat of the day is felt, but only with the slightest of discomfort. Windows are still open, the wind blowing the curtains gently as the air makes its way into the heart of this home. I am grateful that June has arrived and the sweltering heat has not come with it. I know that it will eventually arrive, but the longer it stays away is alright by me. 

Now that our school year is over, the days feel lazy. I am okay with this too, as I know that the summer season is about to kick into high gear in just another couple of weeks. I cannot remember a time in recent years where the lazy days of summer have felt so good. While there are always things to be done, I know that I need this break in activities. My body and mind long for this lull in our daily life and things to do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment