Thursday, February 26, 2015

Soledad Canyon Trail - A Glimpse of Heaven

It is days like today when I am more certain than ever that committing our family to moving around the country for Bob's employer is the only way to live. There is no doubt on days like today. No questioning or wondering. There is only gratitude. Gratitude that my family is so lucky to be able to experience the greatness of this country. To be able to see these amazing things that we never would have seen had we not taken this leap of faith.

The kids and I returned, fully prepared for the weather, to Soledad Canyon to explore its beauty. These pictures will do no justice to the immense beauty that I found there. I swear it was a spiritual experience for me. This wonderful beauty that God created took my breath away. I cannot wait to go back and explore it again with Bob in tow this time.

Take a look for yourself:
Mountain view on our way up to the trail.

Driving to the trail.










A view from the parking lot of the trail overlooking the city of Las Cruces. (We are really high up!)




From the trail - overlooking the city. 


The clouds seemed like you could touch them they were so close. 


I loved how this cloud was peaking out from behind the mountain. 


The kids climbed this part of the mountain to take a peak in a cave on the side of it. You can see Andy's head in his hoodie in the upper middle of the picture. Josh and Elizabeth are up there too somewhere. 












It was windy - Sarah took off her hat because she didn't want to look dorky like me. 



Taking a break in an arroyo.


Miss Lily loving life. 




Wonder what lives in those holes?

Elizabeth's magic wand.

My crew.




Back on the road driving home. 


1 comment:

  1. This is another of the local hikes that we have never done, but would like to. I'll have to talk to you about how to get to the trailhead!

    ReplyDelete