Monday, January 30, 2017

It Is More Than What I Thought

Image result for quotes on living with intention
Courtesy of Pinterest


When I first decided that I wanted to be more intentional with my life I was doing so in order to focus more clearly on my relationship with my children and our family life. I wanted to fine tune some things and I wanted to make sure that I was really connecting with each of them in the ways that they need to be connected with in the event that one day, God forbid, I am unexpectedly taken from them.

But this whole concept of living intentionally has spread to more areas of my life than I was really planning on which I know may sound a bit naive, but it is true.

Living with intention has really made me think about areas of my life such as:

the food I choose to consume and purchase
the way I spend our family's money
the things I bring/allow others to bring into our home
the possessions that we have
the way I spend my time outside being a mother
the friendships and family relationships that I have


None of these things should come as shockers to anyone who has followed my journey on this space as these are all issues I have revisited multiple times in my life in various ways, but I am surprised at just how much I live on autopilot on the above topics not really thinking about the choices that I am making on a prolonged regular basis. Spending this year learning how to live intentionally I think is going to change all of that, or at least putting me on the path towards giving me the tools to one day change that.

It is amazing to me (and sometimes quite overwhelming) to think about all of the decisions I make each and every day without actually thinking about it. So much of my life is based on habit and routine that I don't even think about the choices I making in many aspects of my life. That's kind of scary when I really take the time to think about it.

Being aware of what I am not aware of is the first step in making changes towards living with intention. Now I just need to focus on taking that awareness and go from making automatic responses to intentional choices.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment