Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Redwood National Forest

Our trip to the Redwood National Forest is one that will go down in the books as a mixed bag experience. There were both some really cool things we got to experience and some really not cool things too.

My mom, Bob and I all thought that the pictures we took on this trip would not do the places we visited any justice, and I am finding as I upload these pictures that we were very much correct. The size and enormity of these trees was indescribable. There were places that we visited that took my breath away. One place we visited I swear was a spiritual experience that I have only felt in a handful of other places.

I was so thankful that my mom got to come with us. She was a great asset to have during a particularly difficult situation that occurred while we were there.  I enjoy having her with us on these trips. It makes me feel good (and I know Bob feels the same way) that we can share these experiences with her. She has done so much for our family over the years and taking her on these adventures with us is one of the ways that I can thank her for all that she has done for us.  Her life in Ohio is very busy and at times stressful. For her to be able to leave Ohio and come see us - no matter where we are - and to step away from her every day life is something that I will encourage as often as she can do so.

I also appreciate that she comes on these trips and creates great memories with my kids. She is a Super-Nana to our kids and did so much with them when we lived in Ohio. Bob and I are so thankful that she still tries to be a part of their life in any way that she can. No matter the cost of the tickets to come see us or how busy she is in her own life my kids (and so do Bob and I)  know that we can always count on my mom to make an effort to see our family and continue creating memories with us.  Bob and I notice her effort and it makes us love her all the more.  



A fallen tree that was at least 1000 years old before it went down. 




























I love the sunlight streaming down on the kids in these next few photos. 



Trying to count rings...



















We drove through this tree! It was a tight squeeze. 









No comments:

Post a Comment