Friday, June 15, 2018

A Very Cool Little Story

In December of 2015, our family drove from Las Cruces, New Mexico to Olmsted Falls, Ohio to visit our families. We drove through NM, TX, OK, MO, IL, IN, and OH. 

Yesterday, I was on my way to run an errand when I drove over bridge that led to the exit for Highway 70. It was then that this thought dawned on me:

Highway 70 is the road we drove on to get from Indiana to Ohio before we connected with highway 71.  This means that two and a half years ago, our family, unbeknownst to us drove right by the exit that we would become our home in 2018. We were passing by the town that I could cry tears of joy upon receiving the news that Bob had gotten the Indy job. We were passing by the exit where we would settle down after two years of hard, hard times. 

How cool is that? 

Who knew that in order to get from happiness in New Mexico to happiness in Indiana we would have to take a curved road through Oregon? 

I am finding that life is full of really surprising and neat connections. Realizations like this make me feel that God truly is watching out for me. That I truly am not alone in this universe. 

Stories like this give me tingles up my spine. They are so, so cool. 


No comments:

Post a Comment