Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Last Days
















I do miss the beach. It was my place of refuge those long (almost) two years in Portland. I thought the mountain would be where the quiet voice within would call me to, but it was always the ocean that I went.

There is a place here in Indiana  right near our home - Solaris Park it is called - that I have found to be a quiet refuge. It is about 3.5 miles of tangled trails all through the forest. I love the forests of the Midwest and East coast. While the Pacific Northwest forests demand your attention with their towering trees the quiet forests of the eastern part of the country are what I find comfort in.

Just as I had suspected, as distance created by time has allowed, I am finding that there are certain things that I do miss about living in the Pacific Northwest. I don't think that I would ever want to live there again, but there are some things that I will never find again anywhere else in this whole country. That is the beauty about being a nomad. You get to experience so very much.

There is a quietness about Indiana that I welcome and cherish. The farms that surround the area where I live captivate me, and I love when I drive around town and realize that I get to live here for now. I keep forgetting to take my camera with me to show you, but I will do so soon.

For now, I will show you some of our last days on the beach. Besides my birthday (which I need to grab those photos from Bob's camera because it was AMAZING!) these were the last times we spent at the beach.



Add caption


















No comments:

Post a Comment