Thursday, September 27, 2018

Pioneer Park

Yesterday afternoon, after their school work was completed, the kids and I (minus Josh) went to a park located 10 minutes from our house. This great park is located about ten minutes from our home and is the perfect spot to spend an afternoon with its abundant trails, open spaces, and playgrounds. We had a really nice time and enjoyed the perfect fall afternoon. This is one of my favorite things about homeschooling - the ability to take advantage of beautiful days and spend them outside instead of indoors. 

The girls brought 'Terry' (the tandem bike) with them to ride around while Andy and I walked together. 



I don't know why I loved this tree so much, but I did. While Bob misses the trees of the Northwest I am loving the trees in the Midwest. They give me a kind of comfort the trees in Oregon never did. 

I don't even know what we were laughing about. I just know I love this kid to pieces. 





I never realized how certain things about the Midwest give me such comfort. I feel like living here is like a giant hug and a welcome back from our journeys. A place to recharge before heading out again. The woods here especially give me comfort. A place to steady myself and catch my breath. Don't get me wrong - I love living out west. I cannot wait to get back out there, and hope that when we have to head out next that we can venture back out that way, but for now being here is so perfect.  







No comments:

Post a Comment