Friday, April 26, 2019

Welcome to Holland

We are just a few weeks out from the anniversary of Sarah's diagnosis. With her recent relapse I thought it was fitting to repost this beautiful poem that a friend introduced me to upon the onset of her disease. It should come to no one's surprise that this poem touched me deeply and made me cry when I first read it as it does to this day. 

There is such a beauty and a truth to this poem that I find myself nodding my head as I read each line. Knowing exactly what this author means, as does every mother of an abled differently child, her words sooth me; on my bad days they make me feel less alone. Over time, I have come to find this poem less as something to mourn over the life Sarah will no longer have, but more of a celebration of the life that she will (universe willing).  

So, if you never read this poem (I think) you are in for a treat. Without further adieu, here it is: 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment