Sunday, July 19, 2020

31 & 8

Bob and the kids took off this morning to go camping for the night up on Lake Michigan. I had intended to go with them, but Max's neuter setback has made it so that he can no longer go with us which means I could no longer go with the family. (For those of you who don't follow me on Instagram, Max decided to take out his stitches at the incision site of his neuter. It then began to get infected, so we took him to the vet where he was then given 15 staples and another 10 days of recovery with the cone of shame.)

COVID-19 is beginning to take its toll on my psyche and I would have enjoyed the break from the house, but I need Max to heal properly, so here I am. It's not all doom and gloom though. Far from it. I have the next 30ish hours to myself. Alone time is my way to recharge and I am so thankful that I have husband who is willing to give me that space to do so. I have a few household chores I would like to accomplish while the kids are gone, but I can get that done tomorrow. Today is my day to do as I please. I can spend it reading all day; I can spend it watching smutty TV. I can do whatever I want and I love that freedom. I need that freedom. 

In 8 days Max gets his staples taken out and also his cone of shame off. Getting him healed is the last of my obstacles before I can breathe since he came home with us. First, I had to get him to the vet for his first check up and round of shots and testing to make sure he didn't have heartworm, etc... Next, I had to get him groomed because he was a dirty, dread-locked, bug infested animal who ended up requiring 5 baths to get all of the yuck out of him. Lastly, and most importantly, he needed to be neutered. Once his incision site is healed and he is done taking his antibiotic (which is giving him the runs and I cannot wait for him to poop a solid poop) then he will be just a normal dog that needs normal routine check ups and grooming. 

31 & 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment