Tuesday, July 21, 2020

All The Places You'll Go

I have been down in the dumps a bit lately. Quarantining has gotten me in a bit of a funk, and with COVID cases on the upswing I don't see this ending any time soon. In an effort to lift my spirits I came to this place to unburden my heart, but found myself deleting post after post because my message was coming out all wrong. In the end, I closed down my blog and began looking at the pictures we have saved on our computer. Instantly, I began to realize how lucky I am and how much I have to be grateful for.  

I think in times like these it is easy for me to feel like I am going no where. Like every day is Groundhog's Day. Over and over the same thing. It is easy for me to get in the rut of the mundane things of life. It becomes harder and harder for me to not only choose joy not only for myself, but to get enough of it to inspire my family. 

And then I look at pictures like the ones below. I look at where we have been and it makes me wonder where we will go next. It makes me want to capture as many moments H-E-R-E because someday I will look back on these days through the lens of time and captured memories and be able to show myself that it wasn't all bad. I want to be able to show myself that there were adventures to be had because life is what I make of it whether we live someone exciting like New Mexico or Oregon, or (somewhere kinda boring like) Indiana. 

We all have the chance to live really cool lives whether you stay in the same place or move around a bunch. I often forget how cool my experiences have been, especially when I feel anxiety over all of this quarantining stuff. I am so glad I have these pictures to pick me up and remind me that my life is pretty awesome - not because of any material possessions I have, but rather because of the experiences I have shared with those I love the most. 


Here are some of the glimpses of what helped me to feel better today (and there are a lot)...










































































































No comments:

Post a Comment