Monday, August 30, 2021

August 2021 Reading List

 Another good reading month...I have a feeling with school starting up in our household next week for the girls my months of reading 5+ books are over, but maybe not as I am r-e-a-l-l-y trying to eliminate social media from my life (or at least 99% of it) and this might create some extra free time that will allow me to keep the pace of these last two months. We'll see, 

I was able to read 7 books this month and included the following titles:












As you can see I am reading a lot about the Middle East - almost exclusively about women in the Middle East and what they endure and what they have overcome (or sometimes not as in the case of the "honor killing" of Qandeel). I find the topic of women's lives in that part of the world fascinating particularly because their lack of choice and freedoms are astounding to someone like myself who lives in a relatively free country (particularly for someone like me who is white).  I have a handful of more titles I plan on reading in September and then may purchase some books from abebooks.com because the Charlotte library system is not the best and does not carry some of the titles I am looking to read for October's book selections.

I enjoyed reading about Custer's Last Stand (I have read about it a bunch of times in other books), but enjoy the history books that focus more on the topics from the Indigenous Americans perspectives better. 

Finally, my last book Finding the Mother Tree was really cool. I love nature. I found the Pacific Northwest forests to be breathtaking and this book focuses on that part of the world (a bit rather north than I was though). I am really glad I came across this book and had the opportunity to read it. 



Numbers of Books Read in 2021:

January: 5

Feb/March: 8

April/May: 6

June: 5

July: 9

August: 7

Total: 40



No comments:

Post a Comment