Thursday, September 23, 2021

4th of July


As you can tell, I am bit behind on some of my photos! I had a last minute change in plans this morning and had a moment to spare. I thought I would get caught up on a couple of posts I have been meaning to write about. 

The five of us (minus Josh since he was still Ohio for the summer) spent 4th of July at the National White Water Center here in Charlotte. I wish community had a place such as this to come and relax. The NWWC is the Olympic training grounds for several water sports and is really cool to watch these athletes train.  There are all sorts of activities to do here from hiking to rock wall climbing to rafting and kayaking. There is a rope course as well. The facility is huge and has a ton of open space to just chill. Admission is free (you just have to pay a $6 parking fee) and you can purchase activities at your leisure or none at all. There is live music on Friday and Saturday nights as well as a few venues to grab a bite to eat. 

It is so much fun. Our family has gone a couple of times since we moved here and has had a blast each time. 

We ended up coming here on the 4th to watch some fireworks that the NWWC was putting on. It was a quick show, for sure. I wish that the fireworks lasted longer, but it was free, so I cannot complain too much. Overall, our family had a lot of fun and I am glad we spent our 4th here.  











 

No comments:

Post a Comment