Friday, September 17, 2021

Ocean Isle, North Carolina

 I had a strong calling to head to the beach last weekend. It had been building for some time as the challenges of life were piling one on top of another. I needed some place to go to gain perspective and to calm my racing mind. Bobby and Sarah wanted to join me and the three of us headed to Ocean Isle, North Carolina. 

Ocean Isle is probably my favorite North Carolina beach so far. There is a long pier not far from where we placed our things which made for an interesting walk hunting for sea treasures. The ocean was calm and the waves crashed a bit out from the shore reminding us all of the Pacific Ocean. 

We did not swim, as none of us brought our suits, we figured that with the temps being a high of 80 degrees that day combined with the natural ocean breeze it would be too cold. We were incredibly wrong. The beach was a scorcher and we learned to never go to the beach without either a change of clothes or a bathing suit. We did manage to sit for hours with our chairs up at the tide mark, our feet in the water, digging in the sand. We also took multiple walks from our spot to the pier as the tide let out. 

It was a great day. Well worth the 3 1/2 hour car ride. We were gone for 14 hours as we left at 10 am and got home a little after midnight. 

As I knew it would, the ocean calmed me. It always does and I cannot wait to go back. 











We went to the ocean on 09/11. The Emerald Isle fire department had their hook and ladder truck (I think that is what it is called?) out with the flag waving. It was so somber and beautiful. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment