Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Full House / Full Heart

 

Andy and Josh came home this past weekend after spending the entire summer in Ohio working and hanging out with friends/family. It was so good to see them both. They were gone for about two and a half months during which time I saw them once at my grandfather's 90th birthday celebration. My mama heart ached for them while they were gone even though I knew how good it was for both of them to be where they were. 

Josh left for college today (soccer begins tomorrow), but for the past three and a half days I have had my children all to myself while Bobby worked during the day, and in the evenings, it was just the six of us. My heart could not have been more content or happy than during these last few days. 

We had a full house here for the first time in a long time and with that came a full heart. I cherish the times when all of my children are together because it happens so rarely.  I feel whole when we are all together. I feel complete. 

Nothing brings me more joy than being with my family. I love the human beings my children have evolved into so much and there is no group of people I would rather spend my time with than them. When we are all together, I do not take a single moment for granted. It felt so good that first night the boys came home laying my head down for the night knowing that all of my people were under the same roof. I will never tire from that feeling of deep contentment. 

We spent the time that we had doing something each day. Sunday, we went school and clothes shopping, and Bobby took us all out to lunch. On Monday, we went put put golfing; on Tuesday, Bobby sent the kids out to lunch so they could have some time to be together just the four of them. They ended up ordering Chik-fil-A and coming back to the house and playing D & D all afternoon; today, we spent a couple of hours at the pool just hanging out in the water. 

I love being with my kids so much. They are my greatest pride and joy. I am so lucky that I got to spend the last few days with all of them. There is nothing that makes me happier. 



The four of you standing in the dining room with your bug juice.
When we lived in Ohio we lived near a gas station that sold this sugary drink called Bug Juice. The only people who bought my kids bug juice were my sister and my mom and it was considered an extreme treat in our household to be able to have one. Andy found some bug juice while staying in Ohio this summer and brought some home for the other 3 kids. Here they are with their bug juice...


Josh taking his turn at a tee on the golf course.

Andy and Josh standing on rocks on one of the holes so they are out of the way as you take your turn.

The four of you on another hole taking your last shots before you get the ball in the hole.



Me, Josh, and Andy taking a selfie on the course.

Margie taking her first turn on a new hole.

Andy taking his first turn on a hole.

The four of you sitting out back at the picnic table with your Chick-fil-A, playing D & D.

No comments:

Post a Comment