Tuesday, January 2, 2024

A New Year - A New Beginning - A Fresh Start

 Most years lately I haven't been super, super big on making a big deal out of a new year. I think that a lot of hype and pressure is put on starting a new year, and for people like me, that pressure can become unbearable. To combat unrealistic expectations, I just haven't put that much stock into January 1st and all that it can signify. Most years I will pick a word of the year - something for me to focus on, and that is about the extent of my plans. Often, I think of the fall as the beginning of a new year because that is traditionally when a lot of kiddos go back to school (at least on the east coast anyway). 

This year seems a bit different. I haven't set any new year's goals, but there seems to be a bigger internal significance to me about starting off another year. I am not sure if it's because I spent a good portion of last year working on myself in different ways, and this year I hope to put all of those pieces together; or if last year was just filled with more ick than I would have liked and the idea of starting a new year seems like a fresh start. I am really not sure. 

Whatever the case, I feel renewed. I feel like this year is going to be filled with good, significant things. I cannot explain it, nor do I have any insight into what these things may be. I just have a sixth sense about it, and I trust that sense implicitly. 

I am looking forward to this new year and all of its possibilities. Here's to 2024!




No comments:

Post a Comment