Friday, March 29, 2013

A Day of New Possibilities

I feel refreshed. Today Bob is coming home, and I feel like we can begin anew. Like we have had the past 7 1/2 months to get some idea's together as to what is working and what isn't working for our family. We have endured through a time that was very difficult, and forced us to look at certain aspects of our lives and evaluate each of them to see if they fit. To look at the good and the not go good aspects of our lives, and to see what we should keep as it is, what we should toss, and what needs to be kept but altered. Not everyone gets to step back from their family life like we have, and to be able to see things from a different perspective. I am grateful that we were given this opportunity.

So, we will celebrate this weekend by just being together as a family. When Sunday night comes I know that I will pause to thank God that I no longer will have to make the dreaded Sunday night trip to the airport. This afternoon when I see my husband I know that most likely I will cry as I hug him because we are done. 100% done. I will have my partner back with me to share in our lives each and every day. My kids lives will return to normal in which they have a mom and a dad living under the same roof. We have all sacrificed so much, but I feel very strongly that it was worth it. That the lessons we have taken away from this journey are so very valuable.

Today is the first day of the rest of our lives. I never really could grasp the concept of that saying before, but now I get it. I really get it. I look forward to talking with Bob about our journey and what changes we would like to make in the future. I look forward to all of the new possibilities that have opened up because of this journey we have just completed, and that one that is about to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment