Saturday, March 30, 2013

Chicago Trip to Visit Daddy

We had a fabulous time in Chicago. I now know why so many people love the Windy City.










The kids and I getting ready to board the train.




Here we are on the 96th floor of the Hancock Building. (I was too scared to look down, but the kids had a blast!)


Sarah

Joshua

Elizabeth - she made me so nervous the entire time we were up there. I was afraid that she was going to fall through the glass. (Unfounded I know, but I was nervous all the same.)
Andy




The kids were SOOO happy to be with Bob. 


Picture taken from the Hancock Building



After we ventured to the Hancock Building we walked right over to the American Girl shop. Both Sarah and Elizabeth were overjoyed at being in the store. We were so busy browsing that Bob took only 1 photo. Needless to say I was VERY grateful that I told the kids that they had to save every penny they could for the last 2 months, so that they had spending money for this trip. There is definitely A LOT of ways to blow some cash there. 




Elizabeth eyeing one of the MANY things that caught her attention in the American Girl Store.

Proof that mom WAS right - saving our spending money was a good idea in
spite of all of the protests to the contrary in the months leading up to our trip. One happy girl. (Sarah also had a blast in the store and purchased a couple of items as well.)
Next we hopped over to the Lego shop. Bob was surprised by how small it was, but I was expecting it to be a smaller store, so I was surprised by how big it was. (Proof that perception is everything, I suppose.) Andy, Josh, and Sarah all had a good time in the store. Elizabeth could have taken it or left it. She was mostly taken with the life size version of the "girl lego lady".


Andy was especially taken with the store. He really enjoyed all of the creations the staff of the store had on display.



I will admit that I did have to coax the boys a bit to have this picture taken, but for me, it was well worth it. 
My sweet girls


The Bean - by the time we got to this my feet were killing me, so I took a seat while the kids explored the bean with Bob. 


Joshua "holding" the bean up. 




The girls also "holding" the bean up. 

On Sunday we took the kids to the Field Museum. We had a blast. I would recommend the museum to anyone who is looking for something to do in Chicago. It is HUGE, and has a ton of exhibits. 







We especially love the dinosaur section. 

No comments:

Post a Comment