Friday, June 14, 2013

Father's Day

As Father's Day approaches I know that life around here will get a bit busier, and I am not sure if I will have a chance to log in and make a post. I wanted to make sure that I had the chance to honor the best father that I know: my husband, Bob.

My kids are the luckiest kids in the whole world because they have an amazing Dad. They will not be able to fully appreciate how awesome he is until they become adults, and will be able to see with adult eyes all that he did for them while growing up.

From the moment our first son was born, Bob put his children first. Although we were young, he took his role as a father very seriously, and strived early on to be the best dad he possibly could be. Over the years I have watched him grow as a father, and have seen first hand how much all of his hard work has paid off.

He is an amazing role model to our children. He is a hard worker, and a good provider. He is patient, kind, loving, and loyal. He is everything a good dad should be.

Our children adore him, and he has worked hard to earn that adoration. He is the kind of man I would love for my son's to become like when they are grown, and the kind of man I would love for my daughter's to marry when the time comes for them to leave our home and make a new one for themselves.

With all that has happened in our lives recently, I know that this Father's Day will be especially celebrated. It will be cherished more than any other Father's Day has been before because never before has our foundation been shaken so hard. Thank you, dear husband of mine, for being the honest to goodness best father I know. Thank you for showing our children what a father is supposed to be, and being the best role model I know. You are very loved. Happy Father's Day.







No comments:

Post a Comment