Thursday, July 25, 2013

Getting Some Clarity

I have the honor and privilege of going away this weekend. I will be heading out to the East Coast, and camping with a dear friend for the weekend. It will be just me and her without husbands and kids, and we both desperately need the break. I haven't really had a chance to think too much about the trip with everything going on here, but as the days get closer and closer to Friday my excitement has been growing.

Photo courtesy of: bing.com
This trip started out as just an inner thought that thrust into the open when M and I were talking on the phone one day. Just a general, "Hey, wouldn't it be great if we could get away for the weekend", type of thought that eventually turned into a reality at the prompting of both of our husbands who saw just how desperately we each needed to get away.  After comparing calendars for a bit and finally settling upon a date when we both had open weekends my husband booked a flight for me to fly to Boston so that M and I could then drive up to Vermont to camp for the weekend.

I love nature and I love M, so the combination of both in one spot is an amazing gift. I am looking forward to stepping back from my life and having a chance to evaluate it, and hopefully, coming away with some answers to a couple of things weighing me down. Nature soothes my soul, and I find that I gain so much clarity when I am among God's natural gifts to us. I am most at peace in nature and feel more like myself there than in any other place.

Photo courtesy of: bing.com


I am looking forward to coming home recharged and refreshed. It has been way too long since I have sharpened the saw, and I am glad that I have a husband and 2 friends who showed me how dull I have become. Sometimes (well a lot of the time) I am too stubborn for my own good. I am thankful for the push to get this trip off the ground.

Happy Weekend to Me and M!

No comments:

Post a Comment