Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Time with my boys

For reasons unbeknownst to me, I rarely hang out with my boys alone. By default, anytime we break up and go our separate ways as a family it is usually Bob and the boys, and then me and the girls.  Bob decided to take the girls ice skating this past weekend. Because of this I decided to act upon the opportunity for time alone with my boys and the wonderful weather we were having by going on a hike with them. I had a blast. Not only was I allowed to be in one of my favorite places: nature, but I was also able to be with two of my most favorite people in this whole wide world. This is what our adventure looked like:
I love seeing the sun's rays in the background. 

This kid is a true Godsend. 

Me and my buddy. 

My sweet Josh.

Me and my other buddy. 

Watching them from a distance enjoy their time together on the path of this journey. So glad I got to observe them this way.

Boys will be boys. Wrestling together.

Best dog in the whole wide world - Miss Lily. Loves being out on hikes with us. 

My boys and their girl. They love the dog so much it amazes me. 

Again watching them from the distance as they race towards some finish line I cannot see. 

Lily does not like to have her leash drag on the ground. She will often carry it in her mouth when we let her run free on our hikes just so it will not touch the earth beneath her feet. 

Taking in the scenery. Trying to figure out how big of a rock is needed to break through the ice. 

Using their walking sticks at battle gear to fight off an invisible enemy. So grateful that they still have such awesome and vivid imaginations even at 13 and 11. 

I know it seems redundant and cliche', but I really am the luckiest mom in the whole wide world. I am so honored to be their mom. I would do anything for these boys. They are my world, and I can think of no greater privilege than being their mom. 

The fierce love I feel for this child is undeniable. 

Andy has a heart of gold. I hope  I hope I can someday have a heart just 1/2 as pure as his. 

Boys found a large puddle that had frozen in the woods. They played on the ice for quite a while. It was fun to watch them. 

Lily (who looks possessed in this picture) would not stop rolling around at the edge of the puddle. I think she wanted to get her back as muddy as her belly. 

More playtime on the frozen(ish) ice puddle. 

Found a rock with water coming out of it. Decided to work together to build a dam. 

See the bubbles to the left of the photo beside the rocks? (They appear white in the picture) Lily was petrified of these bubbles, and would go out of her way to not be near them when she was going back and forth between the boys and myself while they were working on their dam. 

Lilly - muddy and happy.

Undoing their dam to leave nature as they found it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment