Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Chicago-bound

(Photo courtesy of: www.richard-seaman.com)
In just another day we will be heading out to Chicago for our first of several trips this year. Its significance is not lost on me, and I can feel the emotions already bubbling up inside of me ready to spill out.

In a way I feel like our lives are just beginning by taking all of these trips, but in another way I feel like part of our lives are ending. I am trying to show my daughter as much of the world as I can in case her world goes permanently black. I want to create as many memories for her and the other kids as I can, so that if there is a time when she can no longer see things on her own she will have all of these good times stored in her mind to recall at a moments notice.

These trips are going to make life more raw for me than I am ready for. I like to live my life with all sense of emotion controlled and neatly tucked away inside of me. I don't like living so on the cusp of what lies deep inside - both the good and the bad - because those emotions can cut like a knife. I am not sure I am strong enough to handle those feelings. I am afraid they will bring me to my knees.
(Photo courtesy of : www.richard-seaman.com)

I am excited to share these journeys  with you. You have been so supportive of me, and I take a piece of you with me where ever I go.  I can feel your love and thoughts of warmth with each passing day as we get closer to our trip. I know that you are as excited for my family as I am. Thank you for that.

We will be spending tomorrow packing up and enjoying a massage courtesy of a kindred spirit who I know would most likely not want to be named on this public space. He is as good at receiving praise and recognition as I am in receiving gifts, so in order to spare him discomfort he will remain anonymous (as much as I would love to tell the world who he is so that everyone knows what a great guy he is). I am ever appreciative of all of his love and support. (His wife, too, is absolutely amazing.)

While I do not want to wish our weekend away I am very excited to be able to come back and share our trip with you. "See" you when we get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment