Thursday, March 6, 2014

Giving Thanks

I have much to be thankful for, and it is so easy to forget that sometimes. When I sit and think of all of the people who have helped us on our journey I realize just how much I have and how lucky I am. Although this list is not inclusive here is a list of those I am so thankful for:

To Sarah - you are the bravest girl I know. You are my hero and one of the greatest sources of light in my life. 
To Andy: you are on of the most thoughtful pure hearts I will ever come across. You have been one of my greatest teachers while on this earth. 
To Joshua: my snuggle buddy. Your compassion is boundless and your protective nature of your family, but especially your sister amazes me.
To Elizabeth: your quirkiness keeps me on my feet always. Thank you for being strong enough to resist my attempts to try and change you. 
To Bob: you are the greatest life partner a girl could ask for. Thank you for walking beside me on this crazy wonderful journey we call life. 


Thank you to:

Mom and Dad - for your never ending support and ability to drop everything to help me when I need it most. 
Emily and Mike - for always willing to help me out and to snap me back to reality when I need it. 
Gordy and Jess - for always being willing to help out whenever you can. For offering support that only a brother and sister-in-law can even from afar.
Aunt Laura - for the emails, phone calls, research, visits, and amazing 'thoughts for the day'.
Aunt Jessica - for the amazing FB posts that reflect just how well you know me, and often are just what I need I am having an off day.
Uncle Peter - for lending support so others could come out to help.
Jonathan - for dropping everything in your life to come out and help me when I needed it most.
Aunt Betty and Uncle Joe - for sending love and coming out on a dimes notice.
Aunt Mary Lou - for support when this whole journey started.
Grandma Bell - for the notes and horse gift to Sarah
Deborah - for the research on NMO
Aunt April and Uncle Ricky - for the amazing blanket for Sarah. 
Grammie - for the holy water and prayers.
My Grandpa - for getting me through some really rough days by being with me in spirit always.You are a bigger source of inspiration and support than you will ever know. I love you so much it hurts.
To Bill and Sheila - for always being willing to help us out when we need it. 
To Janeanne and family - for offering love and play dates.
To Aunt Julie and Uncle Bob - for allowing us to get away to your house for afternoons of fun and forgetting just for a moment how hard this life is. 

Thank you to:

Lincoln PTA - for their support and card when this whole thing first went down.
To Karen and Sandy - for their emails of encouragement way back when we first learned of this illness.
To Lori P - for knowing that I did not want to talk about it, but letting me know that you were there if I needed you. For the offer of a glass of wine whenever I wanted. 
For Lori and Brenda and Amber - for their comments and support of this blog. Those mean more than you know.
For Mrs. Heintz, Mrs, Berry, Mrs. Miller, Mrs. Ward, Ms. Horner, Mrs. Urasek, Mrs. Johns, and Mrs. Davis: for their support of Sarah, our family, and Team Hope.

Thank you to:

Leah - you really are a girls best friend. Thank you for being amazing in more ways than you realize.
To Teri and James- for the countless trips up to see Sarah in the hospital and for raising one of the sweetest human beings on the face of this earth.
Tina and Ron - we couldn't ask for a better family to know. You have been a pillar of strength for me in so many ways. Your son is the best friend a mother could want for her child.
KarriAnn and Jamie- for offering to help out whenever necessary. For also raising an amazing son that is also a wonderful best friend.
To Angela and Johnny - for offering support whenever we need it and for the amazing food after the first hospital visit.
For all of our soccer mom and dads - for making sure Sarah was okay and checking to see how we were doing. 
To Angi - for showing me what generosity is all about. 

Thank you:

Stacy and Conor - for being the best lemonade tippers ever. For also knowing us well enough to know what we feel comfortable accepting.
For Barbi - thank you for organizing Team Hope when we first thought Sarah had MS. 
For all of those who donated to Team Hope.
Meredith - for offering support and a listening ear whenever I needed it. 

An especial thank you to:

Meghan and Ted & Matt and Jenn - you are amazing friends whom I will always be indebted to. Your generosity and love have carried me through more days than you will ever know. Your thoughtfulness and support have shown me the true value of friendship. I will never forget all of you have done for not only me, but my whole family. I love you all so much. 


Thank you to:

Everyone else whom I have not mentioned who I will kick myself for not having included you personally once I post this blog. 

It truly does take a village to raise a child, just as it takes a village to carry a family through hard times. Each of you has had your part in helping to sustain us. I will forever be more grateful than you will ever know. Every little thing - no matter how insignificant to you - has made a huge impact on me. Thank you, thank you, thank you, from the bottom of my heart. 




No comments:

Post a Comment