Monday, April 13, 2015

A Birthday



Tomorrow Bob will turn 36. In some respects that seems so young. In others it seems so old. We have now shared 18 birthdays together. Our first birthday together was Bob's 19th. It was our freshman year at college - we had only been dating for about 7 months, but were two peas in a pod even back then. He had gone out to dinner with his parents while I stayed back at the dorm creating a poster for him that celebrated all of our many memories together. That,  along with a couple of gifts, were what I had set up for him when he got back from dinner. Who would have known back then that that was the first of many, many birthdays we would share?



Bob is my rock. He is my anchor in stormy waters. He is my pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. Along with my children, he is quite simply, my everything. I wouldn't choose to live this life without him (even when he is driving me completely bonkers).


Tomorrow we will celebrate the day in the way that is typical of him. He has chosen to have a quiet day with the kids and me. First thing in the morning he and I are going to hike Picacho Mountain together. Then we will have a hearty breakfast, grab the kids, and will be taking a drive up to Hatch to check out the town and this great restaurant he heard about. We will have lunch there and then drive home to spend the rest of the afternoon here at the house. He will be grilling some steaks for dinner and we will have a campfire at night. It will be a simple day filled with love and laughter. Just as he would like.



Happy Birthday, Bobby!





No comments:

Post a Comment