Wednesday, June 1, 2016

I Am Ready

I am ready. I never thought I would be ready to leave this place, but I am. This move has been hard. It seems as if none of the moving pieces of what makes a move a move have gone smoothly. All of those hang ups have sapped a lot of the joy that I had hoped to experience before I left here. When I tell you that not one piece of this move has gone smoothly to date I am not kidding. And that has made this whole experience a slightly sour one.  Maybe I will feel differently once I am settled in our new townhome. (We are renting the Edgefield townhome.) Maybe once I get to Portland, which everyone I have talked to or heard from (minus one person who told me that I am going to want to hate it b/c it is so terrible and dreary) has said it is amazing and that I will love living there, I will feel better.

For now, I am going to finish up my checklist of things to get done before we move. I am going to enjoy a soccer tournament this weekend with Josh in El Paso. On Monday the kids and I are going to head up to Cloudcroft & White Sands one last time. Movers come on Tuesday.

It makes me a bit sad that this whole moving experience has been such a negative one, but even if I leave this place screaming and running I will never forget the imprint it left on my heart. I will never forget the warmness of the people who made up my tribe here.


This was our sunset two nights ago. I will miss these and our backyard which allow me to view such amazing and breathtaking scenery every night. 

The picture above turned into this...

Which turned into this.....

And this....

And finally that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment