Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Cannon Beach

One of our goals in moving to the Pacific Northwest was to experience life in a way that we had not up to this point. I don't want us to stop experiencing all that this part of the country has to offer. I don't want life to become mundane. I want to live each day as if it were our last. I want our children to look back on this part of our lives as the beginning of a life really and truly living - not just existing in the every day pieces of a life that can weigh ous down. I want us to live the life that we all dream about. 

We have jumped right into our adventures here by making our first stop at Cannon Beach. The Pacific Ocean is definitely not like the Atlantic Ocean, but it is still fun none-the-less. We have gone to the beach four times already since we have been here and plan on going as much as we can. We have visited two different beaches and plan on exploring as many of the 300+ miles of coastline that we possibly can. 

During our visit on Monday of last week we went as the tide was going out and stayed through low tide. It was cool to walk into the tidal pools by Haystack Rock and try to seek out the hidden creatures. I kept waiting for the pirate ship to go on by as we were so close to the spot where The Goonies was filmed. We found a couple of things - well, mostly Andy found things - as exploring is his thing. He reminds me of my dad when he walks along the shore and I cannot help but smile because some day very soon I will be able to bring my dad to the coast and a promise I made to him several years ago will be fulfilled. 





Eating the last of our New Mexico chips...


Is this boy not handsome or what? He is so photogenic. 

Crab! 





Racing to beat one another to the finish line. 





Haystack Rock

One of the coolest things about living here is that the forest comes right up to the shore. Unlike the parts of the Atlantic Ocean shoreline that we have visited where the area is very distinct the shoreline and the land seem to blend into one another here. One second you are on the road in a huge pine forest on your way to the ocean and the next second you are at the ocean with the pine forest just seconds away. 



Another crab.



No comments:

Post a Comment