Sunday, July 3, 2016

Lake Trillium - Mt Hood National Park

You know some of the nicest things about not owning a home or renting one? You don't have to mow the lawn, or weed, or pick up trash, or put away kids toys. You don't have to clean the pool, or repair the solar heater for the pool again, and again, and again...None of that stuff is our responsibility anymore. Someone else picks up the random trash that finds its way on the sidewalks. Someone else cleans the pool. Someone else mows the lawn. I never knew how much time our family spent maintaining our home until I (or actually Bob) no longer had to do it.

It is glorious. With a capital 'G'. Not having to do any of the above mentioned chores. We have so much more time as a family which is nice because Bob is working that much more during the week, but (and this is a big but) it doesn't hurt as much because we have so much time on the weekends.

Today we spent the day at Lake Trillium. It was so cool and we cannot wait to go back. We will leave the dogs at home next time and in their place bring some rafts so that we can just laze around in the lake all afternoon.

Each time I saw Mt. Hood I was amazed that I was in its presence. It is so beautiful. The whole place was. Take a look for yourself. You will see what I mean.

Mount Hood behind Lake Trillium. 







Bob and the boys trying to give me a thumbs up from out in the middle of the lake. 





Sammy was so tired that I caught him dozing with his head up while laying in the water. 

Woods surrounding the lake. 


Tired Sammy. He is so darn photogenic and cute. I cannot stand it. 

Tuckered out Lily won't admit defeat. She still wants to play ball. 

My ducklings all in a row. 

O-H-I-O is never far from our hearts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment