Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Our Home


I thought that some of you might like to see what our home looks like. This house feels more like a home to me than my house in Las Cruces ever did. (Even though I am beginning to think that Las Cruces will be always be home in my heart. I am enjoying myself immensely here in Portland and I know that life here will be good, but there is something sacred about Las Cruces that I do not think any place else will be able replicate.)

Our home is small, but open and bright and I love it. 


Our Porch:
Our patio door from the living room looking out. 




The entryway:

This is looking into the house from the front door. There is a garage door on the right behind the open front door. 





Our "laundry room":
This is taken from the bottom of the main of the main floor looking up to the second (or I guess 3rd) floor of the home.


The "office/school room":


This space is a built in desk at the top of the stairs on the 3rd floor of the house. I just added this bookshelf.
This is quite a bit smaller than my school room in Las Cruces and I had to downsize considerably. 




The girls bathroom:

Master bathroom/a.k.a. the girls bathroom


Main floor 1/2 bath


Boys Room:
Josh's bed


Andy's bed

Josh's bed again

O-H...always in our hearts. 

This is one of my most favorite soccer pictures of all time. Josh is on the left hand side #23. You can see his darkened glasses...
 Main bathroom:


 Our bedroom:




The girls room:








 The main floor:





The painting is one that Sarah did in the last homeschool co op we participated in. To me it is one of the most beautiful paintings I have ever seen and is worth more than a Picasso to me. 

My kitchen sink window. I know they are hard to see, but I have my favorite pictures up here: one of Josh, me & the kids at White Sands, and me and my grandpa when I was a girl. 

Our new spice rack since we have almost no space in our kitchen. Thank you, IKEA!

My dad picked this decoration up for me in a thrift shop in New England. Me, my dad, and my mom were all shopping that day when he surprised me with this gift. At the time I was still living in Ohio in small house I never thought I would get out of. It is one of the truest statements I know of. And I am happy that I can hang in my little house once again. 

My favorite wine from De La Vegas is up there and was Christmas gift from friends in Las Cruces. I told them that I would never drink this wine because it meant more to me in the bottle than it ever would opened as a reminder of a place I love so much. 





Oh, Las Cruces. How I miss you, but how grateful I am to have spent time with you. 


These are the things that the kids have made over the years that I have kept. Rather than put something fancy up there I wanted to put their simple gifts instead. I wanted a daily reminder that my house is a home full of children that will one day be grown and gone from this space we call home. Their gifts are a reminder that I am not a fancy person. I don't need a big home or expensive furniture. What I need is my husband, my children, and my dogs. 


That's it. This is our home. All 1550 square feet of it. It is the perfect size for us. I am so thankful that I am out of that big house and into this space. Life is good in Portland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment