Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Where My Heart Smiles

Tomorrow Josh and I will be boarding a plane in Portland, OR heading down to Dallas, TX. Josh was asked to be a guest player on his former soccer team from New Mexico. It is an honor that he does not take lightly. He is excited to be able to be given a chance to play with some of his old teammates, and although he is playing it cool, every now and then he will let his excitement slip only to pull it close to him again as he does not want to betray his "cool as a cat" teenage persona.

As for me? Well, let's just say I am over the moon at the ability to be with my surrogate family again. I have missed this group of families so, so, so much. These families are what made New Mexico home to me. They are what make New Mexico home to me still.

Home is where the heart is. My home is with them in the Land of Enchantment.

Home is where my heart smiles. My heart will be smiling a lot this weekend as I will be surrounded by these families all weekend long as we cheer on our sons during this soccer tournament. It will be as it should be.

I know myself well enough to know that I will be both crying and smiling all weekend long. It will be a genuine smile and it will light up my whole face. And I will be happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment