Sunday, April 16, 2017

Pacific Crest Trail & Mitchell Point

On Friday Bob turned a 38 years young. I had to work that night, so we decided to celebrate his birthday on Saturday. We ended up walking for a hot minute on the Pacific Crest Trail and then went to the Hood River area to hike up to the top of a mountain called Mitchell Point. (There is awesome Netflix documentary about the Pacific Crest Trail if any of you are interested in watching more about the it. The trail basically runs from Mexico all the way up to Canada through California, Oregon, and Washington. It is similar to the Appalachian Trail. We were only on the trail for a hot minute, but I would love to go back and hike more of it. Heck, when the kids are all out of the house I would love to hike the whole thing with Bob.)

We had a great day. The day was sunny the whole entire day with big white (non-rainy) clouds dotting the sky. I honestly cannot remember the last time it was sunny for an entire day out here. No joke.

The hike was steep up to Mitchell Point. Sarah, once again, proved that she is a rock star by making it to the top despite some pretty scary, narrow, steep points on the hike. Although I don't think I will ever hike this trail again I was glad I did it this once.






For a portion of the trail up to Mitchell Point there really was no trail...as seen above with these rocks that we had to climb across to get back on the trail. 


As he gets older Andy reminds me of my Uncle Ricky in terms of looks. 

Halfway up to the top.


The trail was definitely steep.


The river that you see in the next few photos is the Columbia River. It the natural border between Oregon and Washington. So most of the pictures while actually taken on Oregon soil are of Washington. (At least those pictures that show landscaping across the river.)











Josh hating life right now because he is in nature.















No comments:

Post a Comment