Saturday, October 14, 2017

Soul Sisters



Cruelty turned inward
Leave scathing and scorching burns
Where an inner dialogue about my own imperfections and failures
Becomes an internal raging battle
Where the casualty count will be high

The Prince of Darkness knows just what trigger words to use
To take a warm cozy fire meant to create a haven of rest
To my weary soul
And turn it into a raging inferno
He has been doing this for many decades now
And he knows my weak spots

The heat of the fire leaves me scorched for days
And to those outside I am cool to the touch
They have no idea of the fire that has raged inside
And the smoldering remains that exist still

I let them think what they want to about me
I have more important work to do
Than try and figure out how to explain to those who don't know
How a fire sometimes rages inside

But there are those that know how the fire burns
Because it rages inside of them too
And we become an unspoken tribe
Who distance and time cannot infiltrate

Sometimes
Before the surrender
When the fire is out of control
And about to consume me whole
I think of them
Not because they can save me
Only I can do that
But because I know that I am not alone
With the battle within
I know that they too battle
And cry out to the quiet voice within
And surrender

Each of us
Who fight the fire within
Knows intimately the battles
That rage inside
And without a word spoken between us
I can feel their energy lift me up
I can feel their love
Just as they feel mine
From thousands of miles away

And as unique and different as we are
We are all also One

Knowing that I am not alone
Even when the devil wants me to believe that I am
Sometimes is the catalyst I need
To surrender to the quiet voice of God
And allow Him to
Once again
Bring under control The Darkness within











No comments:

Post a Comment