Monday, February 5, 2018

January's Reading List






I took a break from the self-help/self-discovery genre that I have been devouring these last few months and focused on a little history in the month of January. I love history, but particularly American history.  I would say that I am most drawn to the Americas during the 1700-1800's. 

This book was a great read because this is essentially right in my back yard right now. I have been to Astoria and loved it. I hope to go back again soon. It is such a cool place. Our family visited the place (at Fort Steven's) where the Columbia meets the Pacific Ocean. That was also a really cool experience. 

This is a great book. I highly recommend it. This was my third time through reading it. 



This book paired well with The Heart of Everything That Is because it touched base on similar topics. It was cool to see what similarities and difference both authors presented about the same time period in history.


I am currently reading: 
I cannot put this book down.



The kids and I read through: 

I cried while reading this book to the kids. It sparked some wonderful and thought provoking conversation among us all.


The kids and I are currently reading this book. We started about a week and a half ago and are a little more than halfway through with it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment