Thursday, July 5, 2018

Our 4th of July

My in-laws came into town for 4th of July this year. The kids and I made some 4th of July themed snacks/food for the day. It was a calm and quiet day, and I think that we all enjoyed it that way. Bob and I made the decision to not go downtown to see the fireworks display. We didn't want to deal with crowds and the ensuing traffic - especially since one section of one of the highways to get into the city is closed. I am glad that we did so as our own development lit up the night's sky in a pretty cool display of color. It seemed as if some of the neighbors were dueling each other to see who could set off the best fireworks which was fine with our family because it gave us a chance to enjoy the night sky without leaving the comfort of our home.





I tried to take a picture of them about 5 times. It kept coming up blurry and I kept having to do a reshoot. My boys were obviously so over my repeated attempts to get just "one last shot".



Andy was "jumping rope" with these sparklers. 


Through the smoke of the fireworks I was trying to get a clear picture of this lantern. Someone was sending up lanterns into the night sky. It was so beautiful. (If you have ever seen Tangled it was exactly like that - only a few less lanterns were released.) Watching the lanterns go up into the sky was so peaceful and amazing. It was hands down my favorite part of the whole day. 







I love seeing her smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment