Thursday, July 25, 2019

More

Windows open, I hear the sounds of all that is alive around me.  I steal a quiet moment to come to this space to write while children are away from the home, still laying in bed, or otherwise occupied. The cool snap we have been blessed with these last few days is set to end today and I hope to savor its beautiful release from the heat that is promised to come all that I can. The house is clean and organized, there are groceries in the refrigerator, and the cabinets are well supplied; laundry has been kept up with, too. I feel content in this moment in my role as a keeper of the home. 

Sometimes the green-eyed monster finds me, and I wish for more. More vacations, more money in my bank account, more opportunities for the kids, more date-nights for me and the hubby, more cool stuff for the house, more...

But then days like today will string themselves together, and the quiet voice within will gently remind me that I do have more...more love, more freedom, more time with my kiddos, more opportunity to shape and mold them, more time to savor these moments...

I have more of what really matters in this life. For today, I am content with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment