Friday, May 8, 2020

20 Years Old

On May 5th our oldest child, Andrew Timothy, turned 20.  We spent the day hunkered down at the house eating the foods Andy had chosen and hanging out here. We knew this birthday would be a quiet one with the coronavirus still lurking in our communities along with a weather forecast that predicted cold and rain which ruled out anything to do in nature. (In this instance the prediction was accurate it was both a cold and wet day.) 


When I look at my son I feel such excitement for him. At 20, he is full of hopes and dreams of things yet to come. He has a game plan in place for his future and is set to put that plan into action come this August when he will be entering a local college as a freshman majoring in mechanical engineering. 

Andy is such a gift. The fact that I get to be his mama is something that I do not take for granted. I feel that he has always been an old soul and has taught me more than I feel I have taught him. Andy is a blessing - the best sort. He has been an easy teenager and a good role model for his siblings. 

As I look back on these last 20 years, I feel a sense of pride at who he as become. He is a wonderful, wonderful young man who deserves all the good that this world has to offer. 



Elizabeth can always be counted on to make a sign. 


The girls decorating the night before. 


                                


Making homemade elephant ears. 

Opening gifts. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment