Thursday, September 10, 2020

Lake Monroe

 Looking to get out of the humid heat that the Midwest summer brings Bob and I took the girls to Lake Monroe for an afternoon of fun this past August. Having never been there before we were unsure what to expect in terms of restricted areas, life guards on duty or not, etc...We found that there were almost no restrictions what-so-ever. No lifeguards were on duty - each person was expected to swim at his own risk. Floats, canoes, kayaks, paddleboards, etc.. could all be brought in the water and used as a person could swim as far out as she wished with no roped off areas. It was a lot of fun.





The girls had to much fun together. I made sure that we all wore hats because the sun was a scorcher on this day and I didn't want us to get sun burned skin.



 Love us some Aggies! #NewMexicoTrue






I joined the girls for a while. Elizabeth is in the red hat, Sarah is to her left, and I am in the dark hat to the far left. 




One of the greatest gifts of our family is that my kids really like each other. My girls are best friends. I am so glad that they have each other. 



The marina.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment