Saturday, May 29, 2021

19



 On May 25th, my youngest son celebrated his 19th birthday. The day was planned in advance to be pretty low key as Joshua was flying out of Charlotte that day to spend the summer with his best friend's family. 

I ended up with an excruciating migraine and did not celebrate most of his half day with us. This upset me greatly (and still does), but when I get a migraine as I had on Josh's birthday I am almost completely incapacitated. 

The birthday boy opened his cards, had his requested breakfast of Aunt Jemima pancakes & syrup, and went shopping for a trucker hat to go with his mullet that his Uncle Beaver cut for him (and a subsequent barber butchered, but we won't go into that...)

I joined along on the last minute errands that needed to be done in preparation for his two months away from us and shopping, but stayed in the car almost the whole time. We grabbed a quick lunch of subs and we were off to the airport. 

To be honest, this wasn't my favorite birthday of his by a long shot, not only because I had a headache and could not celebrate the day with him as I would have liked to, but because he spent a good chunk of his day away from us. I know this is going to inevitably be the way future birthdays will be, but I am not ready for that yet. 




Uncle Beaver creating "the vibe"






Love this boy so much






No comments:

Post a Comment