Tuesday, April 23, 2024

A Woman of Leisure

 The house is spic and span. All of the laundry is washed and put away. The dogs have been walked, and all of the other tasks I had hoped to get through today have been completed. 

And I am all alone. 

Usually when I am alone, I have a large 'to do' list. It is so very rare for me to be alone and have nothing to do but enjoy myself. 

Where is everyone? Good question. Andy is working in Ohio, Joshua is at Belmont College, Sarah is at UNCG, and Bobby & Elizabeth on are their way to a Hozier concert. 

As I write this, I am sitting on the back patio. The sun is shining, and the weather is about 72 degrees. It is perfect out. I have my dinner on a plate beside me, a book in front of me, and an ice cold glass of water too. With the exception of watching Jeopardy from 7 - 7:30 pm, I plan on having an electronic free night doing anything I damn well please. 

What a gift this evening is. What a beautiful way to finish a day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment