Monday, April 8, 2024

Easter 2024


We seem to have started a couple of traditions in our extended family, one of which is celebrating Easter (well, the pagan celebration because no one out of our whole crew, except for my mom and maybe my dad,  is remotely religious) at my brother and sister-in-law’s house every year. 

The get together includes my parents, sister (and her family), me (and my family), and my brother (and his family). Because my sister and I chose to procreate a little bit more than the average American family, we have a minimum of 18 people at these yearly get-togethers. 

My siblings and I have children that range in age from 5 - 23, which makes for a combination of chaos and fun. 

Every year since my kiddos were little my mom has put on an Easter Egg hunt for all of her grandchildren. They each wear their bunny ears and look for eggs around the yard of wherever we are celebrating Easter at. (In years past, when we lived in Ohio, we would have our Easter get-together at my parent’s house. We switched it to my brother’s house once we moved to Indiana since his place was about half-way between all of the families.)

My mom puts a tremendous amount of work into this hunt making sure everyone has the same amount of eggs to look for filled with treats or small gifts that that particular grandchild will love. 

After the egg hunt we will have a nice meal and then we all head back home to our respective homes. (We arrive at my brother’s house on Friday night and/or Saturday morning.) 

After a weekend of fun, we are all ready to be in our own spaces, and my brother (and family) are ready to have their house to themselves again. 


Josh looking for Easter eggs with his partner Henry following closely behind.

You looking for Easter eggs with Dette “helping” you…

From left to right: Josh, Andy, you, Michael, nana, and Elizabeth in the backyard taking a pic together

From left to right: Josh, Andy, you, Elizabeth taking a pic together in uncle beavers backyard.

From left to right: Josh, nana, Andy, you, Elizabeth taking a group photo in uncle beavers backyard

Finally, a group photo of papa, Josh, Nana, Andy, you, and Elizabeth taking a group photo in uncle beavers backyard.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment