Saturday, April 6, 2024

Spring Cleaning

 The house is about due for a good, deep cleaning. I find myself drawn to do so twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring. There is something about tucking the house in for the winter and then walking it up for the coming summer that energizes me. 

It takes me quite a bit of time to go through everything to either wash it, organize it, donate it, or throw it away - the ‘it’ being all of our possessions, and then to give those spaces that house our possessions a thorough scrub down. In the thick of doing so, I find myself wondering why the heck I am putting so much of my life’s energy into doing so, but that question is always answered when I have completed my spring/fall cleaning as I step back and smell a deeply cleaned house and see it organized to perfection (or at least what I envision as perfection). 

The joy I get from experiencing the completed task is completely worth the effort. 

Time to get to work - summer will be here in these parts before I know it and I have a house to wake up from a winter slumber! 

No comments:

Post a Comment