Sunday, June 24, 2012

Parenting

Being a good mom is incredibly difficult for me. I feel that a lot of times I find myself on parenting auto pilot, and that isn't just good enough for me. I expect more from myself. I want to be connected to my kids. I want them to know that family comes first. I want them to know that I love them.  I want to be a good role model for them.

I don't believe that each child should be parented the same way because each of my children are different people, and need different things from me. That being said, I still expect each of them to follow the same rules and family guidelines. I consider our family to be a bit old fashioned. I expect my children to work hard and I expect them to be polite. I expect them to have manners.

I have been trying very hard to be a better mother - to be the best mother I can be. If there is anything in this world worth striving for I think it is to be the best mother and wife I can be. My husband is the head of our family, but I am the heart of our family. I am honored to hold this position in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment