Thursday, September 6, 2012

Joshua



Josh is, like his brother, a very sweet boy. He turned double digits this past May, and it amazes me how fast a decade passed. Josh is my observer. He takes in his entire surrounding and all that is happening in it and just absorbs it. He can feel everyones emotions, and doesn't let on that he can feel them until much later when he say to me, "Mom, can I ask you something?..." and out will come a question or two about an incident he witnessed that he had questions about. I am constantly amazed by the way he draws in so much of his surroundings without a word until the time is right for him to speak up.
Josh is definitely my hardest child to figure out because he is so quiet. I never really know what he is thinking. He is just like his father in that way. I find myself wondering what is running through his mind more often than I would like to admit. He is a mystery to me. A wonderful mystery.

Joshua is also a very, very talented athlete. He has a natural ability to play sports unlike most kids I have seen play. He is especially
good at soccer, and I LOVE watching him play. Of all of my children, I would say that he has the greatest chance (albeit small) of becoming a professional athlete. He lives, breathes, sleeps, eats sports. He does not discriminate against any of them. In fact, the more diverse for him the better. He eats sports up.

Joshua is a sensitive boy as well. He does not like to make mistakes and becomes easily frustrated with himself. He is in some respects a perfectionist. He loves school, and has a "posse" of friends who are all good kids, and I am glad that he has these friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment