Monday, October 22, 2012

Having Faith

How do you get someone to believe in a vision that you are so certain of, but the only "proof" that you have that it will work out the way you say, is feeling deep inside that you JUST KNOW it will work out? To ask him to believe in something that he refuses to believe in because there are no "facts" that can be presented to him at the moment? How do you get him to see that if certain choices are not made now that there will come a time when he will look back and think that, yes, indeed you were right, but it will be too late to capitalize on those decisions? How do you get someone to understand that life is not about facts and figures, but about laughter and giggles. That it is about goodnight kisses and little hands to hold. It is about seizing the moment because if you don't that moment will move on, and all you will have left is the empty ache of what could have been. Yes, sometimes it is hard to make decisions without concrete evidence that it will indeed work out, but I have found in my life that those choices that I made where I did not know the outcome - where I took a leap of faith - those were the best decisions I have ever made. Oh, how I wish I could just reach inside of me, and share my certainty with him. How I wish I could let him feel how I feel inside to KNOW that it will all be okay. To have FAITH that it will be okay even when there is no proof right now? I am afraid that his fear of the unknown will win him over, and I will be left with the haunting ache of knowing what could have been...


No comments:

Post a Comment